We had a great couple of days visiting Zions National Park with my family (minus Julie's--missed you Ju, Chris, Owen, Liv, and baby Evan).
It was a lot of fun. Little on the chilly side...but much rather have it that way then blasted hot. The first day Brian and Lewis didn't come with us. Aislee and Easton were troopers hiking the 3+ miles to the Emerald Pools-which looks so different from when I was little. We had ice cream at the lodge and of course I brought fanny packs (just like when I was little) full of snacks to keep the kids (especially Easton) entertained.
It was beautiful! My favorite would have to have been the walk up to the Narrows. The kids found a huge rock to slide down. And those cliff walls are incredible. Just like Lake Powell-but without the water. The narrows were closed because of the water situation, but it still was fun. I also loved the view of Weeping Rock.
I WISH I had a picture of the CATERPILLARS. They were EVERYWHERE..No exaggeration...EVERYWHERE. Walking from the car to the Visitors Center was like crunch crunch crunch. You couldn't help but step on them. We had to look straight, plug our ears and run. Funny thing was at first when we saw them we were like...Oh..cute...then by the end of the day all the kids screamed when we saw them and started bawling!! Especially Bremen and Mylee.
It was a lot of fun. Little on the chilly side...but much rather have it that way then blasted hot. The first day Brian and Lewis didn't come with us. Aislee and Easton were troopers hiking the 3+ miles to the Emerald Pools-which looks so different from when I was little. We had ice cream at the lodge and of course I brought fanny packs (just like when I was little) full of snacks to keep the kids (especially Easton) entertained.
It was beautiful! My favorite would have to have been the walk up to the Narrows. The kids found a huge rock to slide down. And those cliff walls are incredible. Just like Lake Powell-but without the water. The narrows were closed because of the water situation, but it still was fun. I also loved the view of Weeping Rock.
I WISH I had a picture of the CATERPILLARS. They were EVERYWHERE..No exaggeration...EVERYWHERE. Walking from the car to the Visitors Center was like crunch crunch crunch. You couldn't help but step on them. We had to look straight, plug our ears and run. Funny thing was at first when we saw them we were like...Oh..cute...then by the end of the day all the kids screamed when we saw them and started bawling!! Especially Bremen and Mylee.
No comments:
Post a Comment