Monday, May 23, 2011

Easton gets tubes in his ears












A few friends have made comments about the way Easton talks...and at first I was defensive and thought there is nothing wrong with my kid...but then after hearing multiple stories of speech problems having to do with hearing...I thought it might be smart to get him checked out. And he hasn't had a lot of ear infections, which is a common indicator of something wrong. So, we first went to the Hearing and Balance specialist...and great news...no hearing loss. BUT, he did fail a couple hearing tests indicating that he might have fluid in his ears. They wanted me to go see his regular doctor, be put on antiobiotics and then come back and take the tests again. If he did still fail the tests, they would refer me to an ENT doctor. Well, I bypassed all that trouble and went straight to the ENT doc. He looked real deep into his ears and said...it looks like he has really thick fluid and his eardrums are enlarged which also indicates fluid. So, we scheduled the surgery. We were there at 6:45 am. I love those pictures of my cute little bud with his favorite blanket. And of course when you see your child start to get nervous to go back without you, you'll say anything to make them feel better, so I told him I would take him to Target (his favorite place) to pick out a toy when he got done. They took him back...he cried...my heart broke...and then what felt like minutes later...they called me back to get him. It is so hard/weird/AND funny to see your child on drugs like that. He was so loopy. The Doctor told me he had thick fluid like goo that he drained out, so it's been like he's had ear plugs in for we don't know how long. Poor bud. The first thing he said was...let's go to Target. So, we left at 8:10 (fast hu?) and waited in the Target parking lot a minute to make sure he was okay. He was still really really drugged. So it was pretty funny. And Easton could seriously spend HOURS in a toy store, he looks at EVERY SINGLE toy. So, being on drugs even made it more difficult, but we did get out of there after about an hour! And, Daddy couldn't say no when Easton asked "Pretty Please can I get 3 Star Wars guys?"

We can't wait to see what it does for him and his speech. He keeps telling us how loud everything is, and he whips his head around everytime he hears any background noise. He even heard an ambulance siren when we were in the Target parking lot from far away, so we waited until it drove by. He thought that was pretty cool. I LOVE you East!










No comments:

Soakin up the Sun in Powell

Soakin up the Sun in Powell
Our Blog Inspired Lovely Lady~~Crazy Azy