Friday, November 13, 2009

Easton and his Llama Llama book

In our home, we adore the llama llama books. The first one, llama llama mad at mama is fun, the second one, llama llama red pajama, my kids LOVED, and now there is a new one. llama llama misses mama. Its about how little llama goes to school for the first time and has a hard time being away from his mom. Aislee had a really hard time at preschool so I got this book and was saving it for Kindergarten. Brian found it, and really wanted to read it to the kids. So the other night, they read it. During the part where Mama llama says goodbye to llama llama, Easton looked up at me with panic stricken eyes, and I could have sworn tears were forming, but he got through it. After the book was over, Easton asked to look at it. So, while we were getting Aislee ready for bed, he continued to look at the pictures, over and over. After we got him in jammies and in bed, he wanted to play pretend llama llama, and he asked me to be Mama llama, Daddy to be Zebra Teacher, and he wanted to play little llama. We apparently weren't doing it right, so he changed characters.....he instructed Daddy to be Mama llama, me to be Zebra teacher, and he was little llama. (Aislee at this point is laying on her bed singing: I wanna miss you a Merry Christmas.....I wanna miss you a merry christmas from the bottom of my heart.....over and over)
Well, Brian acted out the book, and brought Easton to me (the teacher) and said goodbye.....what came next took us by surprise........he started wailing...bawling uncontrollably. I felt so bad, so I calmed him down and reminded him we were just playing. He stopped, and said again. Play llama llama. We continued playing for about an hour, he gave us our assignments of who we were to act out-Easton always being little llama....and each time the assigned "Mama llama" said goodbye he started crying with the same intensity as the first episode. Each time, Brian and I didn't know whether to laugh, or just feel plain bad for the little buddy. Aislee of course wanted to play, so Easton assigned her to be Mama llama, and even when she left and said goodbye....he cried (hard). My poor little guy.
I'm thinking that there is some real issues going on in his life. And one thing's for sure---he really connected with this new Llama Llama Misses Mama book.
He continues to read his new llama llama book everyday studying the goodbye parts.
It is such a cute book, and just like it says, I remind him everyday.......

It's okay to miss Mama, but don't forget, when the day is through, Mama Llama will come back to you!!!!!

2 comments:

Brittney said...

That's SO SAD! I can't believe he had such a strong reaction EVERY time.

Tamara Jacobs said...

oh that's so crazy, because preslee did almost the same thing! we got it from the library and she cried when i read it to her, and would get sad whenever she thought or talked about the book, so we haven't read it since:) those llama books are really cute though. congrats on your new little baby on the way!!!

Soakin up the Sun in Powell

Soakin up the Sun in Powell
Our Blog Inspired Lovely Lady~~Crazy Azy