Thursday, December 17, 2009

Childhood. Magical. Simple.


I've had these 3 thoughts in my head, and I wanted to write about it. Maybe it's because it's Christmas time, and I have so many wonderful memories, or maybe it's because I've been so humbled in the last couple weeks......that really life is ONLY about my husband and my kids.....or maybe it's because I've been reading Stephenie Rosemeyers last two months of blog posts--only because of blurry teary vision that I couldn't read further--that makes me appreciate my children and their lives, and want to spend every waking moment remembering this special day with them.
Last night I thought about life being magical. Easton was throwing up all night...and we got to sleep out by the Christmas tree. I turned on the tree lights--and I think thats what made him better. Sleeping with Christmas lights on is a magical thing for me. In fact-it's my "happy place" that I think of when life is scary and I need to escape.
Today, I wish life were more simple. I wish my childrens lives were more simple. Playing outside with no fences, no shoes and no worries. I wish we lived on a farm and worked all day together. I wish I didn't care if Aislee's hair was done or not, and we all just played all day long. I haven't even had a tea party yet with Aislee and her dolls. She's 5. I'm going to lose my opportunity if I don't take it.
Know you what it is to be a child?…
It is to believe in love, to believe in loveliness, to believe in belief;
it is to be so little that the elves can reach to whisper in your ear,
it is to turn pumpkins into coaches,
and mice into horses,
lowness into loftiness,
and nothing into everything,
for each child has its fairy godmother in its soul.
– Francis Thompson
I hope my children grow up with memories of their childhood being simple and magical. And I hope they can find simpleness and magical moments when they're adults. I need to focus more on that in my life I think. Simple, magical moments. I know God gives them to me everyday. I just need to slow down and take them all in.

And I'm thankful for Sheye Rosemeyer. She doesn't know me. But I know her. I'm thankful for her beautiful words. I'm thankful for the motivation she gives me to be a good loving mother. I love how she captures the magic of childhood in her photography. Her pictures tell stories and bring lovely memories back to me-they make me want to relive my childhood all over again. I can't wait until she gets to see her little Ava again.
Until then-I will cherish every moment with my Aisers and Easty bud. I thank Heavenly Father for them and for the joy they bring me everyday. Tomorrow, we are going to have a magical, simple day and I can't wait!

6 comments:

Julie said...

Jamie what a beautiful post, and so true. Sometimes I just can't wait for the day to pass or the night to come when I can have my alone time. But you are so right I don't want any opportunities to pass where I can just enjoy the simple and magical moments with my kids. Thank you for sharing this.

Brittney said...

seriously, beautiful post. I loved just watching you play with your kids the other night. You are a great mom.

Lindsey Sharp said...

you are a great mom! We all `need a reminder, that is for sure! Thank you for giving us our reminder! Love you!

Terri_B said...

:) love you sweet mama Jaim!

Jeff, Whitney and Kael said...

hey bucko i loved your post but i have been waiting so bad to see a photo of your baby bump and how everything is going with him. I also want to see a photo of danny's baby how is everything going with them as well. Thanks for sharing the touching post and i totally agree with you. With me being at school right now i feel like i lose so many wonderful days with kael

Brenda said...

Ohh Jamie, thanks for the reminder. I love you!

Soakin up the Sun in Powell

Soakin up the Sun in Powell
Our Blog Inspired Lovely Lady~~Crazy Azy