Thursday, January 15, 2009

I Love America!!!

So, the past couple of days I've experienced some wonderful things! One was watching the Biggest Loser. I have watched a couple seasons, only a couple because I try not to watch it because I know once I do I'll get hooked. That has already happened this year--Brian and I were watching it the other night, and oh my goodness...tears were flowing. This show just gives me good feelings, and while I was watching it, I had hope in America and the good people living here. There were people doing such nice things for each other. Then, if anyone else saw it...the end was so heartbreaking. I have a hard time watching/seeing elderly people, because I just want to hug 'em and I always worry so much about them. If they are okay, if they are getting takin care of....oh they break my heart....anyway....that was a tear jerker.
Then, today, my mother-in-law called me and told me to turn on the TV, that a plane had landed in the Hudson River.......and miraculously everyone was okay. I was listening to these announcers talking about what a miracle it was, and how quickly everyone responded, like the boats getting there 2 minutes later to take people to shore. It amazes me how quickly we all unite when there is a crisis. I found myself tearing up watching the breaking news reports, probably because it's always such a good feeling seeing something so shocking like that, and knowing that God's hand was definitely present, and that everyone was okay, and so many people were helping.
My husband has also been reading about our American history, so we've had conversations lately about how lucky we are to live here, and how much our ancestors have done to get us here. We are so lucky.
And I don't know how anyone can live in America and not know there is a God, just turn on your TV and watch the Biggest Loser. or read about that plane crash. And God Bless America.........and our Economy!!!!!!!

6 comments:

*Aliese* said...

Agreed. We are VERY lucky to live in such a great country! I also had a tough time being pulled away from the TV when it came to the plane landing in the Hudson River; miraculous things happen everyday and I love it.

Lindsey Sharp said...

Jamie remember when we came home from Thailand and you see that American flag and it really is such a feeling of peace! We are so lucky to be here! I too LOVE LOVE America and wonder why I am so lucky to have been born here! I love you! thanks for the good post!

thewestenskows.blogspot.com said...

So true! Thanks for reminding us that we have so much to be grateful for living in America. I'm, personally grateful for running HOT water and a blow dryer! I would be a crazy reck without both! :)

Natalie Jensen said...

hi Jamie it's natalie (Jensen) Kiser from alta you may not remeber me i saw your blog and thought i would take a look, i saw you live in st george well so do i it would be fun to get our kido together i have a two as well anyways my email is najgroup1@hotmail.com my blog is blocked anyways nice to see all is well! I hope this doesnt' look stockerish

thewestenskows.blogspot.com said...

So Jamie I just finished "These is my Words" and LOVED it! I couldn't put it down! I don't think that I am going to read the sequel if it ruins the love story between Sarah and Jack. I cried, laughed, and loved everything about it! Thanks for the good book suggestion!

Brenda said...

I cried in that Biggest Loser episode also! That sweet man.

Soakin up the Sun in Powell

Soakin up the Sun in Powell
Our Blog Inspired Lovely Lady~~Crazy Azy