Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Oh boy Oh boy!







Boys are so different than girls. This morning before preschool I wanted to take Easton to get a couple new shirts for preschool. He is not the kind of kid that obsesses or even remotely cares about what he wears. Whatever is on the top of the stack in his dresser is the outfit for today. Even if it's sweat pants on a hot sunny day, if it's the most convenient to grab out of the drawer.....that's it...done....all dressed. The only opinion he ever has is when he wants to wear his Star Wars shirt that he picked out from last years preschool shopping trip. The one out of two total shirts we bought him last year. One star wars and one batman Tshirt. The rest of clothes came from my good 'ol sister Jill...gotta love hand-me-downs. I swear hand-me-downs only work for boys. Especially boys like Easton.
So...we are on our way to Old Navy (not too many choices down here in the George of Saints)...and I break the news to him. Easton...guess what? We are going to go get some new clothes to wear to preschool. Ones that aren't too small or have holes.
His reply: Do I have to get out of the car????
Me: Yes buddy, so we can go look at clothes.
East: Aww, I wish clothes stores had drive-thrus.
Me: Do you want to go bud?
East: No, just go while I'm at school and surprise me.
So, I did, and came out with one pair of pants, and one shirt....another star wars one. Crap, I hate shopping for boys. Why is it so much harder paying $15 for a cute boys shirt than a cute girls one. I couldn't do it. I couldn't spend more money on a little boy who doesn't care.

Then, to top it all off in the boy department. I'm driving Easton to his friends house to play before school, and I look back and he's like digging at his string cheese. What are you doing Easton? Oh......just diggin the guts out of my fish I just caught.
SICK. After he eats the "guts", he tosses the floppy leftovers to me. OH BOY!

5 comments:

Brittney said...

hahahahaha i love it!!!

Julie said...

And that is why I love boys, so low maitenance. Love you Easton

Norton Family said...

you are so funny! i love your writing style Jamie, it's so full of humor. it seriously makes me laugh out loud! i can't believe how BIG Easton is. i remember visiting you in the hospital when he was just born!! tell him to please stop growing! :)

Camille said...

That is funny!

Easton is way too cute, I too remember you bringing that big guy home.

My girls are all so different, it will be interesting to me to see how much different a little boy is for us.

Hope things are good for you all in your new home.

Brenda said...

I know its not ok to call a boy beautiful but man Jamie, Easton is beautiful!!

Love the story. I LOVE boys!

Soakin up the Sun in Powell

Soakin up the Sun in Powell
Our Blog Inspired Lovely Lady~~Crazy Azy