I never really share my feelings regarding anything religious. At least not on my blog. For me it's so personal, and most personal things I keep to myself. But this is also my journal, and today and this last week I can't help but want to share my feelings about my Savior, Jesus Christ. This post is not about religion. It is however about me confessing my love, sharing my feelings. I understand that we all believe different things. But, I also believe that most all of us believe in God, and then also, his Son, Jesus Christ. And if you don't....to each his own.
I was taught something about Him that really moved me this last week.
I was taught something about Him that really moved me this last week.
A doctor spoke about Christ during his last days on Earth. Especially those of His crucifixion. I've heard and read and studied it....but never has it had this effect on me. This doctor gave his own medical advice on what it must have been like for him being nailed to the cross, and the pain that he went through. Down to the veins that the nails went through, and the pain He must have felt from every breath he took. That is hard enough to hear, and makes you love and appreciate Him so much. But, what he also shared was something that I've never thought about. It's what he felt after all the pain.
But here first is a little review of what he had been through previous to His last hours. Given in a talk titled Words of Jesus: On the Cross. By Elder Alain A. Petion
"To appreciate our Redeemer’s last precious sayings, one needs to remember that the Crucifixion was the final act in a series of profound and difficult events. First was the Passover meal, followed by the mental, physical, and spiritual agony of Gethsemane. Then came the arrest and subsequent illegal trials. Pilate and Herod questioned Him. He was scourged with leathern thongs weighted with jagged edges of bone and lead. The derision of soldiers rang in His ears as they dressed Him in a purple war robe, crowned Him with thorns, and placed a reed as a scepter in His bound hands. He then bore His cross to Golgotha with the help of Simon of Cyrene. At the third hour, they crucified Him (see Mark 15:25).
Securely fastened to the infamous cross between two crucified thieves, stripped of His outer garments that were parted between the soldiers, tortured by pain with each breath in this unnatural position, the Son of God was publicly and ignominiously exposed before the chief priests, the scribes and the elders, the soldiers, passersby, and a handful of friends and relatives. Even then and there, His last words are a reflection of His divine nature."
In the Bible it reads...
“And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?” Matthew 27:46
His last trial was that of feeling completely alone. In this last hour, he recieved no angel and no answer. He was left to tread alone. To me, this means so much. For one....I KNOW that I am never alone. Such a great reminder. I am journaling this, so I NEVER forget. So my children NEVER forget this. We are blessed to know that our Savior died for us, and everything He went through makes Him that much more qualified to understand everything I go through...every trial, every feeling, every moment I feel alone.
"To appreciate our Redeemer’s last precious sayings, one needs to remember that the Crucifixion was the final act in a series of profound and difficult events. First was the Passover meal, followed by the mental, physical, and spiritual agony of Gethsemane. Then came the arrest and subsequent illegal trials. Pilate and Herod questioned Him. He was scourged with leathern thongs weighted with jagged edges of bone and lead. The derision of soldiers rang in His ears as they dressed Him in a purple war robe, crowned Him with thorns, and placed a reed as a scepter in His bound hands. He then bore His cross to Golgotha with the help of Simon of Cyrene. At the third hour, they crucified Him (see Mark 15:25).
Securely fastened to the infamous cross between two crucified thieves, stripped of His outer garments that were parted between the soldiers, tortured by pain with each breath in this unnatural position, the Son of God was publicly and ignominiously exposed before the chief priests, the scribes and the elders, the soldiers, passersby, and a handful of friends and relatives. Even then and there, His last words are a reflection of His divine nature."
In the Bible it reads...
“And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?” Matthew 27:46
His last trial was that of feeling completely alone. In this last hour, he recieved no angel and no answer. He was left to tread alone. To me, this means so much. For one....I KNOW that I am never alone. Such a great reminder. I am journaling this, so I NEVER forget. So my children NEVER forget this. We are blessed to know that our Savior died for us, and everything He went through makes Him that much more qualified to understand everything I go through...every trial, every feeling, every moment I feel alone.
I LOVE my Savior, I love JESUS. I am so thankful for Him. I'm thankful for all that He endured for me. I know He lives. I know He will come again. And I KNOW I will live with Him again. And my family will too. And we will be together forever. Christ has conquered all.
Isaiah 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
5 comments:
This was such a beautiful reminder. Thanks Jamie! Love you.
What a great post Jamie..Love it. Miss you and Love you. Can't wait to see your cute family in Park City.
Thanks for sharing! Gave me the chills as I read. I feel the same that He is always there when we need Him.
I love this, thanks for sharing! I love it when people bear their testimonies on their blogs.. I find it inspiring!!
Thanks Jamie. Love you.
Post a Comment