One Chapter of my life...over. Actually, many chapters....over. Summer is gone. Aislee goes to school all day. We've moved. More friends added to our "used to live by" list. Then, I totally randomly found this poem while helping my little Sister-in-law write a paper on how she is most like a penguin...like I said...random.
The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost.
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that, the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
So that put these rapid Chapters into perspective for me. And one day I'll look back on the path I've traveled and think ....ahh....couldn't have asked for anything better.
Aislee making a salad, which I purposely took at this angle to show the mess that came with the wonderfully delicious salad she so proudly made on her own!

Best friends: Aislee and Brynlee, Alyssa and Kailee...so much in common these two sets of BFFs!
We miss you Bryn, yes we still see you, but 4 minutes away is NOT like being literally 2 seconds away. This is one of the hardest Chapters of them all to close.
The poser with her fruit cookie salad she invented! Man I'll miss her cookin during the days!
And this little boy is determined to have one of Maggies Puppies. I told him no puppies until he's 10, hoping he'll forget by then. So far he's saved 15 cents for one. And he wants a girl because when they play they still play good but are more gentle.
And this little big girl started First Grade, cries everyday at lunch time because she's nervous when her teacher is out of her sight. She is going through a major anxiety phase. Which causes me to have anxiety and it's crazy, I can't wait until this road has been traveled! She is extremely talented and I know now why my Mom always told me...if you only knew your potential and believed it. I feel like she could do anything she wanted. Being a mom is hard. I wish I could hug Aislee in all her scary moments, and make everything easy and take away all the worries. Can't wait until she's back to her confident, bubbly self. I see a little more everyday!
Aislee making a salad, which I purposely took at this angle to show the mess that came with the wonderfully delicious salad she so proudly made on her own!
We miss you Bryn, yes we still see you, but 4 minutes away is NOT like being literally 2 seconds away. This is one of the hardest Chapters of them all to close.
And this little boy is determined to have one of Maggies Puppies. I told him no puppies until he's 10, hoping he'll forget by then. So far he's saved 15 cents for one. And he wants a girl because when they play they still play good but are more gentle.
And this little big girl started First Grade, cries everyday at lunch time because she's nervous when her teacher is out of her sight. She is going through a major anxiety phase. Which causes me to have anxiety and it's crazy, I can't wait until this road has been traveled! She is extremely talented and I know now why my Mom always told me...if you only knew your potential and believed it. I feel like she could do anything she wanted. Being a mom is hard. I wish I could hug Aislee in all her scary moments, and make everything easy and take away all the worries. Can't wait until she's back to her confident, bubbly self. I see a little more everyday!
Looking ahead down this new road we're taking........
1 comment:
Wow I needed this poem today!! I too am grateful for the road less traveled. Even though its hard sometimes! Shoot me over an email sometime and give me the details of your move. We found out this week that our short-sale offer was finally approved so we will be moving end of September. So so so happy.
Post a Comment