I HIGHLY recomend starting a book club with your kids. Since we finished that book, we've started Mr. Popper's Penguins, and we're going to try and finish so we can go see the movie this weekend!
Here is the actual list of books my sister gave me: (feel free to leave a comment with your favorite Children's book)
Little House on the prairie
The Wind in the Willows- Kenneth Grahame
The Tale of Despereaux - Kate DiCamillo
A Series of Unfortunate Events- Lemony Snicket
The Secret Garden- Frances Hodgson Burnett
The Fantastic Mr. Fox- Roald Dahl
The Hobbit- JRR Tolkien
A Wrinkle in Time- Madeleine L'Engle
Tumtum and Nutmeg: Adventures Byond Nutmouse Hall by Emily Bearn
A Little Princess - Frances Hodgson Burnett
Matilda- Roald Dahl
Betsy-Tacy by Maud Hart Lovelace
The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart
The Chocolate Touch by Patrick Skene Catling
Marley: A dog like no other- John Grogan
The Mouse and the Motorcycle- Beverly Cleary
The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe- CS Lewis
D'Aulaires Book of Greek Myths- by Ingri and Edgar D'Aulair
Harry Potter
Sideways stories from wayside school- by Louis Sachar
Holes
Matilda
Mr. Poppers Penquins by Atwater
Horace Splattly: the cupcaked crusader by Lawrence david
Danger Joe Show by Jon Buller
Aliens for breakfast by johnathan etra
how to train your dragon
the giggler treatment by Roddy Doyle
Hatchet by Gary Paulsen
Charlotte's Web- by EB White
Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH by Robert O'Brien
The BFG by Roald Dahl
The indian in the cupboard by Lynne Banks
Mrs. Piggle Wiggle
6 comments:
i love SO many of the books on that list! I remember reading The Secret Garden when I was little, and I loved the movie too. This is such a cute idea...you are a great mom :)
xo.
Summer of the Monkeys
The Boxcar Children series
The Littles
These are what come to mind for me. Great idea! Reading is wonderful, children who read have better vocabulary, are better spellers, excel in school. Way to instill a love of reading with your children. Don't forget to let them see you reading just for fun, too. Love your blog. Thanks for sharing.
so cute!!
This is such a great idea. I'll definitely do this when I have kids!
Love, love this idea! I am sure this will be a wonderful memory for you and your cute kids. Oh, I love the comment you left on mom guilt. It is so true. That's one I will remember.
Loved looking at your book list!
We are currently reading Charlotte's Web. I think the only child really enjoying it right now is Ellie.
It is a good way to settle all the kids down at night.
Post a Comment