
My sister told me about this book. I highly recommend it to anyone who has a child going into Kindergarten! I am so impressed with how quickly Aislee is learning how to read. The lessons are short, just enough time for them NOT to get sick of it. Aislee and I actually do 2 lessons a day because she goes through them so quickly.
I love this book because it actually teaches you, the parent, how to teach your child. It has the parts you say to your child in red, so you say know exactly what to say.
It has opened up a whole new world for Aislee, she goes around reading and sounding out everything in the house!
I actually checked it out from the library....but then it was requested so I couldn't check it out anymore. I found it on amazon.com for $14. I will definitely use it with all my kids.
I'm so excited for Ais to start Kindergarten (and sad)...and I'm even more excited that she'll be able to read. I loved reading as a kid and still do........It's such a fun thing reading with her. We even started our first chapter book....My Father's Dragon. It was mine from when I was a little girl, and I actually recommend that book too. It has a little map in front that you can follow as you read it, it tracks little Elmer Elevator as he trys to save a baby dragon!
3 comments:
cool! I'll have to try to remember that book in about 5 years :)
Thanks Jam! Glad you posted about this book. I have been struggling with this. Just ordered it and am so excited!
That book worked wonders for Ellie. Great choice.
Hope you are enjoying your summer. How is little baby Lewis? Probably not so little anymore.
We are going to be in Utah the middle of August. Are you going to be up North around then? I would love to see you. :)
Post a Comment