Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

I want to live on the Channel Islands, be surrounded by the sea, grow potatoes, and belong to a book club with charming neighbors!
I loved this book. It was so easy to read. It reminded me of another one of my favorites-These Is My Words. Probably because it's written in letter/journal form. I loved the characters in this book--they all added so much and brought it all to life. It also made me aware even more of how much WWII was present in everyones lives in some way or another. How can one evil person have such an affect on millions of people? Probably the same way one good person can affect a million people. It also made me realize how thankful I am for human nature, for friends, and the desire in your heart to want to be apart of someones life, to help them, to enjoy company, and to find joy in life. I'm thankful for books, and stories, and learning of how someone else interprets life. It plants a little happy seed in mine!
And I love the name Dawsey--I call it...no battle.

3 comments:

thewestenskows.blogspot.com said...

I just read this book too and loved it! I thought the whole concept was very creative. I'll be completely honest, I didn't even know that Guernsey existed before this book. Pretty Pathetic!

thewestenskows.blogspot.com said...

done deal! I will try the 2nd book again. I didn't know that they came out with a 3rd book?! Very cool, I'm excited to get into a this series again!

Lindsey Sharp said...

I loved it too and I love Dawsey and his name!!!

Soakin up the Sun in Powell

Soakin up the Sun in Powell
Our Blog Inspired Lovely Lady~~Crazy Azy