Sad cause we got the gross acai frozen yogurt and Linds and Jode got the good stuff
Ash, Jode, Liz, me, Bev, and Linds (my other pic with Neeley in it didn't upload..try again tomorrow)Where do I start???
Me and my girls from highschool went and stayed in the BYU dorms and attended Women's Conference. So fun, and amazingly uplifting. It was exactly what I needed. So fun to catch up on all my friends and hear the latest, and so great to hear messages about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, on marriage, on being a mother, on making a home a safe place, on being content with life and all it's struggles, on missionary work, and on our Savior. From the first session to the last, we totally felt such a strong spirit, and knew this was what we all needed to be hearing. I feel so lucky to have been there to hear all the powerful messages. It was so fun to hear Elder L Tom Perry speak and he gave a lot of statistics on our church. Did you know that 80% of the world has had some type of information about our church, whether it be from a missionary, a pamphlet, a friend, the Book of Mormon, and only 30% of those who aren't members actually know what are beliefs are. He had a video that interviewed people asking them who the "Mormons" were. It was pretty sad to hear their answers. One lady said, I know they live in a community and do lots of crafts together.....one said we don't believe in Jesus Christ (if he only knew), one said that when the wives get older, they just get a new one. So sad, it made me want to walk the streets and ask if anyone if they had any questions.
We were in the Marriott Center for a lot of the sessions, and when all the 15000 women would sing, I couldn't help but feel the spirit, and know that God lives, and that he loves me, and that I cannot be without Him and my Savior. The words to "Now let us Rejoice" struck me the hardest. Knowing that WW Phelps wrote that song when the saints were driven from Jackson County Missouri in freezing cold weather, and some with no food or clothing. I can't help but feel so blessed for what I have, and for the knowledge of the gospel. I am so thankful for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
I'm also so thankful for my friends! We had so much fun being together, feeling uplifted, going to dinner, shopping, and lots of chatting, and laughing!!!! Love you girls, can't wait for next year!!

6 comments:
Jamie looks like you guys had so much fun! You guys are a beautiful group of girls.. I for sure need to go next year!
That sounds fun!! What a cool tradition.
I love you! thanks for bringing extra of everything in case I forgot it which I did! still love the glitter toes!
How fun! You girls all look so great!
Looks like a fun time! One of the great benefits of being back home in Utah!
What a cute thing to do with your girlfriends! I love it! Sounds like it was a wonderful, fun and spiritual time... perfect combo! : )
Post a Comment