Friday, November 28, 2008

Im a Twilight Geek-Skip this post if you're not!

Okay, so I don't know what it is about Stephenie Meyer and her amazing talent to make me fall so in love with something not real. But-it's happened. And now to make things worse-the movie came out. I had NO hopes of it, and almost refused to see it because of Edward. But, actually the first time I saw it, I really liked it. I really like the cast and the music and felt like they did a great job making it. (not perfect---but honestly did you really expect it to be--it can't). Anyways, I saw it again....and IM LIKE IN LOVE with the movie. I keep finding myself craving to see it again, and it just has sparked a whole new level of this Edward and Bella thing for me. I feel like I need to talk to a shrink because I SOOOO want it to be real and I want my husband to be a vampire and say things like...."Do you know how long I have waited for you"....and I want my new in-laws to all be vampires and to totally protect me...and I want someone to come after me so that my husband can fight them off with his steaming hot muscles (because oh yes, Edward, he does have those- where in the movie you are definitely lacking) and I want it to be dangerous to kiss----cause I mean come on, can you imagine how FUN that would be!!!!!!!
Can someone please talk to me about this............i think my mom and sisters are sick of me talking about it, and well Brian, he's just REALLY confused, because I keep explaining it to him little bits at a time....and the whole Vampire, vegetarian, thing just isn't really grabbing his attention. I feel like this is a new drug for me.......and I would really appreciate some empathy and some Twilight Geek friends. I'm kinda scared to admit I'm going to see it again tomorrow with my mom----I want to see it as much as I can in the theater......anyone want to go with me? Or just talk to me about it??? PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

9 comments:

Terri_B said...

Jamie, YOU KNOW THAT I WANT TO SEE IT WITH YOU!!!!! I'm sick about the fact that we weren't able to see it together.

So, I am JUST as obsessed with Edward. Honestly Jamie. How did Stephanie Meyer do it. How did she make me FALL COMPLETELY IN LOVE WITH EDWARD??? A VAMPIRE??? I love that he is so strong and protects her. She must feel so totally safe in his arms. When they first kiss, and his eyebrows cringe upward (because it is so hard to kiss her without wanting to BITE HER NECK!!!!!!!) AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I can't think about it anymore. I think I need a shrink too!

Aimee said...

Jamie, I clicked to your blog through the Alta 2000 page. I hope that is alright. I was Aimee Ovard in high school.

I am addicted to Twilight as well! But, I didn't get into it until a week ago last sunday! I finally started reading book one that day...finished by the Wednesday...book 2 was Thurs through Friday, Three took me Sat through Wed. and I am almost done with 4 now. I saw the movie last weekend and again today! It is all I can talk about! I've got not only the soundtrack to the movie, but the entire score also! haha. Obsessed much?

Anyway, I just thought your post was funny, because it is everything I am thinking. So funny! I can't wait for the 2nd movie to come out...although I sobbed when I read that book, and I HATE Jacob...so I think I am looking more towards movies 3 and 4.

Ok, see how obsessed I am?! Sorry! :-)

The Neilson Family said...

Jamie I love it! This is all so true! But you and my sister in law should talk. Great post!

Brenda said...

I haven't been able to see it yet!!!! JoAnnas asked me like a million times to go with me (not really a million but it feels like it) and I haven't been able to. Ugg!! Tom told me tonight he wants to go on a date with me and wondered if we should go see Twilight. Is that weird? Should Tom go?

michelle said...

Hey I saw your blog on Alta's website and when I read this post I completely empathized. I actually haven't seen the movie because I don't want it to ruin the book but I'm sure I'll see it. You can ask my roommates how obsessed I was with the books...they wanted me to go to AA for Twilight fans. Seriously I was IN LOVE with Edward and obsessed with finding a vampire to marry. And I wanted to be a vampire. After I read the books they turned into scriptures to me...I would read little excerpts every day. But don't worry, it wears off. Thank you Stephenie Meyer for giving us completely unrealistic expectations of guys and vampires and perfection!!

Lindsey Sharp said...

Jamie, I missed this post somehow! I LOVE IT! I want to see it with you! I have only gone once and I am dying to see it again! I love you you crack me up! Have so much fun with Brian on your trip!

Lori Collett said...

Hi Jamie! I found your blog on Alta sight, and when I saw this post, I totally understood. I have read the books 8 times (and counting) and I have seen the movie 3 times (and counting). I dragged Nate to see it with me last time, and he liked it. Love the pictures of Edward and Bella. Yes, I was a geek, saw it at midnight, and made a special sweatshirt! You are not alone, TRUST ME!!!
Your family is adorable by the way, and I hope that you're doing well!

Aimee said...

HaHa! I am glad I am not the only one from the Alta site that saw this post and had to comment! How funny!

Sorry it took me so long to write back! So, I have seen the movie three times now! And I've reread the first book, and am starting the sad, sad book 2. And yes, the score to Twilight is awesome. I love falling asleep to it...then I dream about by husband being a vampire haha.

I really need to join a support group!

The Hammonds said...

Oh Jamie this is such a great post! I loved the movie and I love who they cast. I will openly admit that Edward does it for me. He was hot in the movie. I think he nailed the part. I have only seen it once but I have been secretly dying to see it again. Your are great. Thanks for being a Twilight geek!

Soakin up the Sun in Powell

Soakin up the Sun in Powell
Our Blog Inspired Lovely Lady~~Crazy Azy