A few weeks ago I was reading on my sister Julie's blog about other blogs she has found where parents have lost their little ones. I decided to read about little Ava Rosemeyer, it was so sad to read, but I really was reminded how precious every moment with our little children are. That night I had a nightmare about my little Easton. I dreamed he touched poisened playdough (crazy, I know) but he died and I felt those emotions so strongly. I was so angry, and I wanted just to hold him one more time, and I wanted to start the day over and have another chance. I was so relieved to wake up and know that I still had both my children to hold and let play in Jello Pudding and not worry about the mess.
A couple nights ago, we were blessed to have a second chance. It was my first experience with a child in the Emergency Room. Ive always been so afraid for this moment, and I hope to never have one like it again. I was at Enrichment and Brian had the kids. He was giving them a bath, and Easton went under the water. He took a big gulp of water, Brian saw him, and pulled him out. He threw up a ton of water, but couldnt breathe very well. After 10 missed calls, they finally got a hold of me, and I met Brian at the ER. Easton's oxygen was really low. They said we were lucky Brian brought him in. We had just heard a story about a boy who dry drowned...where he died after swimming because he had too much water in his lungs and not enough oxygen. I think that helped Brian realize the seriousness of this near-drowning episode. We were there for a while that night, they kept him hooked up to monitors and gave him oxygen to make sure he was going to keep getting better. Xrays showed the lungs looked okay. The doctor explained to us that a lot of times in near-drowning patients you think they are okay and then they'll get worse. So, I hope all you mothers and fathers out there learn something from my experience.....even going under water once can take away your whole life.
I am so thankful Brian was there......that he saved Easton, and that he knew to take him to the hospital. And I'm so thankful Easton was strong enough to get better. I'm so thankful to have a second chance at Easton's life. I'm so thankful!
A couple nights ago, we were blessed to have a second chance. It was my first experience with a child in the Emergency Room. Ive always been so afraid for this moment, and I hope to never have one like it again. I was at Enrichment and Brian had the kids. He was giving them a bath, and Easton went under the water. He took a big gulp of water, Brian saw him, and pulled him out. He threw up a ton of water, but couldnt breathe very well. After 10 missed calls, they finally got a hold of me, and I met Brian at the ER. Easton's oxygen was really low. They said we were lucky Brian brought him in. We had just heard a story about a boy who dry drowned...where he died after swimming because he had too much water in his lungs and not enough oxygen. I think that helped Brian realize the seriousness of this near-drowning episode. We were there for a while that night, they kept him hooked up to monitors and gave him oxygen to make sure he was going to keep getting better. Xrays showed the lungs looked okay. The doctor explained to us that a lot of times in near-drowning patients you think they are okay and then they'll get worse. So, I hope all you mothers and fathers out there learn something from my experience.....even going under water once can take away your whole life.
I am so thankful Brian was there......that he saved Easton, and that he knew to take him to the hospital. And I'm so thankful Easton was strong enough to get better. I'm so thankful to have a second chance at Easton's life. I'm so thankful!
13 comments:
Me too Jamie! I'm so happy he is okay, give him lots of kisses for me! Love you guys!
I love little Easton. I'm so glad he is okay. I hate the thought that it is even possible to lose a little one. We are so blessed.
holy.cow. working in the medical field has freaked me out a bit. the littlest thing can turn for the worse. glad to hear he is ok. you always have to listen to that still, small voice (good job brian) !!
Jamie I am so sorry! how scary! He is so cute Jamie! Love you guys!
Oh Jame! What a terrible thing to happen. Little ones are so much fun, but such a constant stress!!! I am so happy that everything turned out ok. It's amazing how things can go from fine to terrible in the blink of an eye. I have become so obsessed with Sheye Rosemeyer's blog and her little Ava. I think it has made me overly paranoid, but I guess it's good to be conscious. Mostly, it's made me so very grateful for every day and want to be a better mom. Thanks for the reminder. Love you.
That is such a scary thing to happen! Sometimes I think I will just run and grab something while Whit is in the bath, but you never know! I'm glad that he is ok. You have such a cute family.
Jamie I am so sorry! That is really scary. He is so cute and I'm glad he is okay.
Jamie! That is so sad! Holy cow, I am glad he is ok. I hope you are doing well. BTW your beauiful! I hope you had a fun summer.
Jamie- I'm so glad you posted that because I had no idea there was such a thing as dry drown. I would have never thought to take him to E.R. What a good dad. Glad everything turned out well.
I'm so glad he's okay! Those times are so scary!
Thanks for the reminder post about being so careful with kids and water.
I miss you!! I love the picture of you with your long hair! Love it! How is my base partner doing? So glad you have a blog! Btw- when my cousin was young (she lives in Arizona) she came in the house holding a scorpion and my aunt almost died. Luckily the scorpion didn't do anything. Your kids are sooo adorable!! Miss you!
I'm so glad Easton is okay!!! I'm not a mom yet but I know I would have been freaking out. I'm glad everything turned out okay. I absolutely love your blog. I like the music, the background, and cute pics of Easton and Aislee. Thank you for always being a great friend to Linds, Us Crams love you for that! and THank you for the really nice comment you made on my blog. You are a sweetheart!
So glad everything is okay. Things like that scare me sooo much. Love the pictures of the family, not so much the picture of the scorpion. YUCK! Sounds like you guys have been having a lot of fun. Talk to you soon!
Post a Comment