
"Why is it, when you don't have anything, you feel like you have everything and you count your many blessings; but when you do have it, it's never enough and you want more." ~J.L. Webster
I thought about this the other day. Last year at this time, we were just about to get laid off, the Monday after Thanksgiving to be exact. That was the worst time, yet the best. Why? Because we were truly humbled. Our priorities were put in order, and our perspective on life was focused on the eternities and our good health. I truly felt like the richest woman in the whole world.
Just one year later, now with a job, I caught myself the other day thinking about all the things I don't have, and everything I want. Shame on me. I want my old life back. At least my perspective on life. Although I am truly thankful for a WONDERFUL job, I need my mind to remember what I have.
I am so thankful for family, my health, my family's health, 3 beautiful kids, a wonderful loving hard-working husband, our cozy warm home, the beautiful place we live, the food we eat, our neighbors, my Savior, our friends both old and new, the Holidays, and being alive every day to enjoy it all.
That's all I need. That's all I want.
Happy Thanksgiving Family and Friends!
2 comments:
I always love your posts! Love ya guys and sure do miss you guys too. Hope we can see eachother sometime. Have a great thanksgiving.
good thoughts... i tend to think about all the stuff I want that I don't have when I'm shopping for other things. So staying away from even looking at things to buy is best for me :)
So glad Brian has a job this year!
Post a Comment