Thursday, June 18, 2009

Dear Blanklet

Dear Blanklet,
I'm writing to you because we've lost you, again. This is the second time, but this time I don't have a good feeling about it. In Newport, Aislee was having so much fun, she just wasn't paying much attention to you. I remember laying in bed our last night and thinking I hadn't seen you that day and that I needed to remember to find you before we packed up. Well, I forgot, and about an hour or two on our drive home, Aislee in a panicked voice yelled...." WHERE'S MY BLANKLET?" Me and Bri just stared at each other knowing neither one of us remembered to find it before we left.
She's been fine. She asks for you every night, and every night we tell her we haven't found you. She hasn't cried.....yet. I've called every day to see if the resort has found you, and every day the lady tells me...I promise we'll call you if we found it. Do they know I can't just go find you in a store??? Did they ever have a favorite blankey? Do they have children with favorite blankies??? If so, I'm SURE you would've been found by now.
I cried about you the other night, I miss you. I miss you for Aislee. I miss you because I fear that this is going to make her grow up that much faster. I know that I've let her hold you every night since she was two only because it kept her little. You keep her little, and small, and young.
This time I want you found not for Aislee, but for me. I thought on the Newport trip that as soon as we got home I was going to put you away, so I could give you to her when she was older, and she could remember how much she loved you! I'm so heartbroken. Please come back.
Whatever corner you're in, come out. We need you. Aislee needs you. I need you.

Aislee's Mommy

5 comments:

The Parks Family said...

This exact thing is one of my biggest fears ever! Good luck finding blankie!

Brad and Jade said...

That made me a little teary eyed. She loves that thing so much. Hope you guys find it.

Nick and Brittany said...

Hey Jamie, it's Brittany. I was so sad when I read this post. I still have my blankie from when I was a baby. Good luck finding it.

Nick and Brittany said...

Hey Jamie, it's Brittany. I was so sad when I read this post. I still have my blankie from when I was a baby. Good luck finding it.

Terri_B said...

Jamie,

I know how important that blanklet is to Ais!! I really really hope it turns up! Good Luck!

Soakin up the Sun in Powell

Soakin up the Sun in Powell
Our Blog Inspired Lovely Lady~~Crazy Azy